Thursday, November 15, 2012

Pinterest... Your Ideas?

 
 
So I have pinterest and I must say... I am a Pinterest Addict!!
 
I love pinterest, but it also depresses me a little seeing these beautiful houses and their
decorations for Christmas...speaking of which, how many of you are ready?...
Anywho, So I saw this recipe and if you're anything like me, a Southern Girl who
loves fried Okra and Sweet Tea, you'll be happy to know I have found
a HEALTHIER version for fried okra. Well, it's more like Baked okra, but still delicious.
And the fact that I can consume these without having that "Why did I eat this" feeling, is
A-MAZE-ING!
 


So Here's the Recipe:
 
Oven-Fried Okraadapted from family .com
makes 7-1/2 C servings
16 oz bag frozen sliced okra, thawed {about 3 1/2 cups}
1 tsp Cajun or creole seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 C yellow corn meal
Canola oil spray
1 gallon zip lock bag
 
 
(Picture and Recipe credit to : Cookin' Cowgirl )
 
Alright, so you start out by preheating your oven to 425 Degrees.
You then, grab your Freezer bag and turn it inside out, Spray some Pam on the inside...
 
Turn the bag rightside in, pour in the Okra, pour in the cajun seasoning AND garlic salt...
Shake, shake, shake!!
Let it rest  for about 10 mins.
 
Add the cornmeal, shake, let rest again for about another 10 minutes...
Strain/Sift the okra so that excess cornmeal gets knocked off...
 
Place foil onto your cookie sheet, spray with pam, place okra onto foil sheet.
 
Bake for...eh, 20 minutes, take out, flip okra, spray with pam and cook for roughly another 20 minutes.
 
Let cool AND ENJOY!!!
 
I made this the other night.. and I'm PROUD to say I finished a whole bag... without the
"Why did I eat that" feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment